Recent content by AndrewK

1. AndrewK

Hoping to get some feedback on my DWV layout.

Attached is my plan for a new bathroom and laundry room in my basement. This is in Minnesota so I believe we are under UPC Code. The bathroom is about 8'x8' if it were square. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
  2. AndrewK

Reducing Drain Lines Before P Trap

This may seem like a crazy question. Is it ok to reduce a drain line BEFORE the p-trap? for example, a shower has a 2" Drain that is reduced down to a 1.5" pipe and then goes into a 1.5" p-trap where it continues until the building drain. I mean a shower or sink is almost like they're being...
  3. AndrewK

Is this venting correct?

This is the drain coming from my shower on the first floor. I'm thinking the vent shouldn't go horizontal like that in case there's a backup. I'm guessing that the vent should go straight up from the drain line in this situation. I'm just hoping to get some more experienced insight.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks