Recirc Pump... Am I Overthinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Arca

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am running a HW loop with dedicated return line. Pump is under my double vanity, last fixture on the loop. I now have concerns that the pump may starve the fixture...I was going to plumb it like this:

upload_2020-10-29_9-54-10.png

Do you guys see any issue, or as I mentioned am I overthinking?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water will go to the path of least resistance under pressure. An open faucet will be vastly less pressure than the pump. There are others on this forum who have more technical knowledge about how pumps work via pressure differentials and may have opinions on what side of the pump to draw from.. but I doubt it makes a difference.

Arca

Reaction score
Water will go to the path of least resistance under pressure. An open faucet will be vastly less pressure than the pump. There are others on this forum who have more technical knowledge about how pumps work via pressure differentials and may have opinions on what side of the pump to draw from.. but I doubt it makes a difference.

I agree, that's my line of thinking. I planned it this way to simplify plumbing in my limited space, but I am wondering if I should T to the fixture then 90 to the pump. Should work as my faucet plumbing will be flexible.

Arca

Reaction score
Needs a check valve in discharge of the pump. Swing checks have to be horizontal.
Yes sir, but I was actually going to put it down at my HW tank, right above the T into the tank drain. I am a little limited in space at the pump/vanity.

Any issue with that? Thanks for the reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks