Trouble removing a faucet stem washer

Users who are viewing this thread

kjk

Reaction score
Anybody know how I get this washer off? This is on the valve stem of a bathroom faucet. As you can see, it's open on one side. But I can't seem to pull it off. I imagine I need some spreader tool that has tongs that fit in the holes, but I haven't seen anything that looks like it will work. Thanks! Stem washer.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I would think you would turn the nut next to the thing you want off CCW. That removes the clamping force. I am not a plumber.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That slot has NOTHING to do with removing the washer. It is where the pop up actuator rod slides through. You have to remove the Y fitting AND the nut above it tor remove the washer and the faucet. There is no way you would ever "spread" the washer using the two holes.

kjk

Reaction score
That slot has NOTHING to do with removing the washer. It is where the pop up actuator rod slides through. You have to remove the Y fitting AND the nut above it tor remove the washer and the faucet. There is no way you would ever "spread" the washer using the two holes.
OK, thanks HJ!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks