Your recent Toto Guinevere experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdudz

Reaction score
Hi! I've read through most of the Toto Guinevere threads and I'd like to see if anyone can give me an opinion of a Guinevere that they've bought and installed within the last 6 months - year? If you Google Toto Guinevere, you'll find many people who regret buying one and seem to have problems with the flapper. Just wondering if Toto has fixed these issues or if the current Guinevere's still have this issue? Our second choice would be the Soiree but I just really like the design of the Guinevere but I'm nervous to choose this toilet because of all the bad reviews. We are building a new house and have to pick our toilets soon!

Thanks!
Jillian D.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've sold a few hundred to happy customers.
You can always find a negative review of anything. It's the same flush valve as in the Ultramax II, of which I also sell hundreds.

What you have, is old people spending lots of money, and they think it should come with maid service. It doesn't. You still need to be clean and keep up the bathroom. There is no self cleaning toilet made. If and when they make one, I will be sure to post about it.
What I can tell you is this. I've sold really thousands of bowls over and over again to the same customers. Everytime they move, they call me for new toilets.

One more thing. When I had a colostomy bag, "those things they give you when you have colon cancer", I had the perfect toilet bowl testing device right with me to carry around. I could go to resturants, hospitals, friends homes, just anywhere and give the bowls a test for rinsing. The stuff that came out of the bag would just set and stick to the bowl on many brands. Sometimes it would take flushing the bowl five times before I could leave and let someone else use the room.
The TOTO with CEFIONTECT bowls, were the best thing out there for that. It was one and done!

I can no longer perform that test, because in 2011 I had my third surgery and it was removed.
So............if any of those complainers want to talk bowl rinse testing with me, let them call. :)

ms974_02.jpg

Last edited:

Jdudz

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! I know I definitely want to get a Toto with CEFIONTECT. Just debating on which model to get now. I think we will go with the Guinevere!

ms874_log_cabin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks