Yeah, baby...

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Cookie, May 5, 2011.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

It's my birthday today. Last night my eyes started to feel alittle funny. I woke up to see I got pink eye, not in just one of course, but in both! I annoyingly put that aside, started to check my checking acct and found I am overdrafted! And, I am of course a year older today.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, but, then of course... I can't. :)
    There is a silver lining though because I work today, hee hee hee and, since, I am a good sharer of not only office supplies, I will sit very close to my boss. She will absolutely, LOVE my eyes. :)
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

WOW. I almost forgot this. Waaaay back in 98, on my B-day, at age 44, in the recovery room barely, awake, I was told I had the big c. Now, that was something to cry about.

So, who cares I can't see to type this, funny, I almost forgot. That is amazing! See, what time can do?

My real present today was for me to remember to be grateful. Now, that I am grateful, I wonder if I can have a new car? :)

With 10 extra sets of winter tires.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Happy Birthday Cookie!

It is very nice that you would share your conjuntivitis with your boss especially on your birthday...

Maybe you should visit the bank and share with them as well...

Mrs. Redwood says Happy Birthday as well...
  4. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Happy Birthday Cookie,

You are not older, just Wiser...

Enjoy YOUR Day.

DonL
  5. Cookie

Cookie .

Tell the Mrs., I said, thank you!

Funny, but you do forget things maybe, you don't want to remember? After 44, I spent the next 5 years on my birthday getting treated, and it always ended after the Christmas season. So, today, I got pink eye, that is truly wonderful! And, I am honestly, happy with it.

One year I had a bump in my groin. In the onc's office after examing me he said, " YOU got something normal! YOU got a hernia!" We were so loud, I was yelling, " OH, MY GOD I GOT A HERNIA I AM SO HAPPY!!"

There out in the office, the office girls, the onc and I was hugging and yelling in celebration. As I walked out in the waiting room, I heard someone say, " how can she be happy with a hernia?"

WELL, I told this lady, " it sure beats the alternative!"

so, in what do you call it, in, thinking back, I am yelling, " I GOT PINK EYE!" and, I am more than happy to share it with my boss. :)
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I'm so glad you're in the pink today on your birthday. That's a good thing, right?
    Don't have too much tequila today and you should be just fine. I hear that's the cure for it.
  7. Cookie

Cookie .

Well, she didn't like my pink eyes... ah, that's too bad. She asked, " is this contagious?" I said, " sure is baby," lol, adding, " hey, I'll take the day off!" She said, " don't you dare leave, you aren't going anywhere." LOL So, I made sure I would stand very close, look deeply into her eyes, an inch away, lol, and, when she moved, I moved, we were like joined at the hip all day.

Then, we are back to the TP again. She actually had the audacity to accuse me or another woman of using the last piece of TP and, not putting another roll on. She was redder than my eyes over this, lol. She said pointing to me, " it was you."

Well, maybe yes, maybe no... :)

(she watches who goes in & out of the bathroom)

So, before I left for the day, I had alittle fun. I took all the TP rolls, all 24 of them, and stacked them on the back of the toilet tank, in a pyramid. :)

It's my birthday and I can do what I want. She'll love it. She was complaining she had to stand up to get a roll, now, all she has to do is reach behind her, adding, very carefully, pick the right roll. Or, my work of art will come tumbling down!