Will this drain? (AAV in island)

Users who are viewing this thread

fateshand

Reaction score
Hi,

I just remodeled my kitchen and we tore down a wall and replaced it with an island. So we took the main vent line out and I'm trying to replace it with an AAV. The problem is the space under the sink is really tight. So I'm having to really use a lot of pip and 90-degree turns to get the line to connect to the AAV and then to the main drain.

Am I crazy, or will this actually drain without any problems:

I very much appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

sink_drain_goofy.jpg

Gavin

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You can get a straight outlet for the disposer, which will allow you to raise the trap more and increase the pitch. The fitting cut in for the AAV riser should be a wye, and should be turned so that the flow of air into the AAV is going towards the wall. (It appears you have a sanitary tee on it's back and facing the wrong direction.)

aav-kitchen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asktom

Reaction score
Rather than two 90s coming out of the disposer you should have used a straight piece to go across to the tee on the other side.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 7" screen; I did not notice that horizontal run in the back when I posted this morning. Seeing it now, my advice would be to start over.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks