Who Oversees Internet Businesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I signed up with a company called Snocap (www.snocap.com) to promote and distribute my music online. Unfortunately, when I tried to upload my mp3 files, there was an error message saying that the files were invalid. I've uploaded these same files on other websites and they are just fine.

I tried to contact them via e-mail, but never got a response. They say to just contact them at any time to cancel your account. So I tried to contact them to cancel my account...and again... and again... and again. I've sent them several e-mails, but I've only received automated e-mail responses telling me to check their FAQ's.

They have my bank account and routing numbers and I don't want them to have that info. I tried just erasing those numbers in my account, but it wouldn't let me do it.

Who do I report this company to?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One of my customers

guzman.jpg

By MÓNICA GUZMÃN
P-I REPORTER​
There are only two places 23-year-old Tasha Frost will not take her Dash cell phone and hot pink Bluetooth earpiece: her bed and the shower.
"It never stops," Frost said as she waited in line to see Ne-Yo at The Showbox on Sunday, the flash of pink drawing double takes to her right ear. It's a constant companion, she said. What's more, she never lets a call go to voice mail, no matter what she's doing. Frost is one with her phone.
You might think a person who wears her phone as often as she wears her shoes would love, love, love it. I said as much.
"I don't have a phone," Frost said, shaking her head. "I have a problem."
In that case, maybe we all do.
Nothing tramples the barriers of space and time like communications technology. But despite all that our cell phones and iPods and PDAs have done in the name of connectivity and convenience, there's a sense in which they've failed us.

The rest of the story
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/guzman/320566_netnative21.html

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry said:

I actually knew quite a bit about them when I signed up--which makes feel me even dumber. Now, I just need to know who to report them to.

It's been about 2 weeks since I first tried to contact them. I can't find a phone number, or I'd call them and give them a piece of my mind.

I'll stick with CD Baby from now on to handle all my digital distributions. At least they're a real company with real people--not some evil phony corporate entity designed to rip people off.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's Done!

Well, they finally answered one of my e-mails saying that my account is cancelled. :)

They never did address the original problem with uploading my mp3 tracks, however. So, I guess they're not as evil as I thought--just awfully inefficient and incompetent.

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Another good reason to always use a MAJOR credit card when doing business on the web. They are pretty good about covering your butt with some of these shaky dealings.

Mitchedo

Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
I signed up with a company called Snocap (www.snocap.com) to promote and distribute my music online. Unfortunately, when I tried to upload my mp3 files, there was an error message saying that the files were invalid. I've uploaded these same files on other websites and they are just fine.

I tried to contact them via e-mail, but never got a response. They say to just contact them at any time to cancel your account. So I tried to contact them to cancel my account...and again... and again... and again. I've sent them several e-mails, but I've only received automated e-mail responses telling me to check their FAQ's.

They have my bank account and routing numbers and I don't want them to have that info. I tried just erasing those numbers in my account, but it wouldn't let me do it.

Who do I report this company to?

You gave them your banking information!!??!!!? I would close the account and never give it out again. I have a Paypal account. I think I can probably trust Paypal, but I use an account that I only keep the minimum amount of money in, like $25. I only use credit cards to purchase on the Internet. ...and I never, ever, use my VISA debit card online.

In spite of being careful, someone has gotten my credit card number and used it to purchase online gaming upgrades. I have to cancel the account and get new cards, but at least none of my money will be lost.

They have your account and routing information; they can do whatever they want with it. You can guarantee they will not delete it from their database. Close the account as soon as your bank opens Monday morning!

CD Baby rocks, btw. I only buy CD's there. The RIAA can kiss my round white bahooky (to paraphrase the squirrel from Open Season).

If you have any more trouble with them, you could try the California Attorney General's office.

Registrant:
Snocap, Inc.
128 Spear Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
US

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
Domain Name: SNOCAP.COM
Created on: 16-APR-02
Expires on: 16-APR-10
Last Updated on: 10-JAN-05

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Villarta, Antonette hostmaster@snocap.com
Snocap, Inc.
128 Spear Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
US
415-442-4350

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SNOCAP.COM
NS2.SNOCAP.COM

End of Whois Information

Verio Inc. - Growing Your Business, One Click At A Time

Last edited:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on my account to see if there are any unauthorized transactions. I'm more po'd at the fact that the music wouldn't upload and they never told me why.

BTW, CD Baby also requires a bank account and routing number to use their "sellers" services. So far, I haven't been burned yet. Other than CD Baby and Pay Pal, I won't give out those numbers to anyone else.

I've been using my Visa card to buy tools and other stuff on the internet for years and have never had a problem. I guess, if someone really wants to steal your identity, they'll find a way somehow. I know that Verizon now requires you to give them your SS # every time you need to access your account. So, there's no shortage of companies who have that information.

Kiril

Reaction score
They have your account and routing information; they can do whatever they want with it. You can guarantee they will not delete it from their database. Close the account as soon as your bank opens Monday morning!

Anyone you write a check to has that info.

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Anyone still writing checks is just begging for an identity theft. I gotta get after my mother all the time about that. Even putting things in your own mailbox for the mailman to pick up is risky nowadays.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks