Which fitting to connect two horizontal vents into one vertical?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pbfj84, Jan 9, 2012.

1. pbfj84

pbfj84 New Member

Jan 9, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    I have 3" and a 1 1/2" horizontal vents that i want to tie together and go vertical out the roof.

This connection will be made in the ceiling before going out the roof.

I thought about using a combo wye/tee or sanitee fitting but those fittings would only slope back to the vent in one direction. Doesn't it need to slope back to both vents?
    A two way clean out fitting is the only thing I know of that would accomplish that.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Since the connection is above the flood plane of the fixtures below, you can use a santee.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    ABS, and PVC, fittings do NOT have a "fixed slope" to them. Once you apply the cement you can "bend" them as necessary to get the slope. I do not know how you intend to make the connection or how a "two way cleanout would work because you would have to use bushing to reduce to the branch sizes. Almost any conventional fitting will work, but you may be thinking of a "vent tee" which is "square" without any "sweep" in either direction.