What's going on in the bowl of my new Drake II?

Users who are viewing this thread

chaucer642

Reaction score
I had a new Drake II with CEFIONTECT installed a couple of months ago. When I went to clean it, I noticed a tiny dot that looked almost orange. Now I see two. (I am the only person who uses the toilet. It has never gotten really dirty. No ring. No stains. Just these two tiny dots which I'm trying to ignore since I can't imagine sending a toilet back.)Does anyone have an idea what could be going on? Very frustrating m

Two pieces of information that may or may not be relevant. I have a Toto Washlet. (I had not read this forum when I bought it).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Where are the spots? How about a photo?

What did you try to remove the spot with already?

chaucer642

Reaction score
I will try to take a photo. I'm not used to the new toilets and couldn't empty the bowl to expose the spots. I used a sponge. I used Lysol toilet bowl cleaner which Toto had recommended. But I couldn't get the cleaner to adhere to the spots since there was water in the bowl.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can lower the water in the bowl by thrusting your toilet brush into the exit hole several times.

chaucer642

Reaction score
Don't know whether you can see how tiny these spots are. They are, nonetheless, shouldn't be there.

Right now I'm disappointed in Toto. I'm in the middle of exchanging my Washlet because it stopped operating on Energy Save.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 403

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Use a wet vac to suck the water out of the bowl if you need to.
I have to clean every toilet I own, and pretty often. Of course often is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen the bowls look pretty good with every other week cleaning when done by maids.

I do go in homes where they could use a maid.

chaucer642

Reaction score
Use a wet vac to suck the water out of the bowl if you need to.
I have to clean every toilet I own, and pretty often. Of course often is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen the bowls look pretty good with every other week cleaning when done by maids.

I do go in homes where they could use a maid.
Do you have any idea what those spots could be and how to get rid of them?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks