What is this rusted fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

PKO

Reaction score
overall view large.jpgrusted large.jpg

I have a leak below the PRV which I'm planning to fix/replace. Since I'm there I'd also like to replace the valve with a ball valve. I have a couple of questions.

1) What is this rusted fitting and do I need it?
2) Are there any suggestions before I dive in?

Thanks,

Pat

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it were ahead of the water meter, it would have been someone's attempt to "steal" water. If it is not in your way, just remove the steel plug and install a brass one.

Wraujr

Reaction score
I vote for future sprinkler system connection (assuming there is meter at street).
Given exposed exterior supply I guess warm weather climate where sprinkler systems are very popular so "tee" is part of normal install when house was built allowing easy addition of sprinkler system.

Just looked up Rowland Heights, CA. May thru Sep has average high near 90 with less than 0.25" of rain per MONTH. I bet sprinkler systems are quite popular among the green thumb crowd...

Last edited:

PKO

Reaction score
I vote for future sprinkler system connection (assuming there is meter at street).
Given exposed exterior supply I guess warm weather climate where sprinkler systems are very popular so "tee" is part of normal install when house was built allowing easy addition of sprinkler system.

Just looked up Rowland Heights, CA. May thru Sep has average high near 90 with less than 0.25" of rain per MONTH. I bet sprinkler systems are quite popular among the green thumb crowd...

Hmm. Never thought the builder would be that considerate. You're right. Almost everyone around here has sprinkler systems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks