What is this pipe and valve for? Washer rough

Users who are viewing this thread

r_ventura_23

Reaction score
I gutted my laundry room and this pipe configuration was there. The washing machine sits slightly to the right. Anyone know the purpose?

Also, is the waching machine plumbed correctly, or should I redo it while the wall is open. Thanks.

Attachments

• Washer.jpg
    Washer.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 204

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
To me, it looks like a water heater install to the far right with relief line at about 60" from the wall.
The washer drain looks fine. All you need is 18" on the standpipe. The rubber hose at the top is left over from the washing machine.
To make it look nice, you can always add a box with valves to that. I buy the kind with hammer arrestors.

washer_rough_sno.jpg

Last edited:

r_ventura_23

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. That makes sense. The wire to the right(you can only see the yellow caps) went to a breaker labeled water heater.

On a non plumbing related issue. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can use there space where the old AC duct is?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks