What is an air hose fill valve?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Matthew Leingang, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Matthew Leingang

Matthew Leingang New Member

My house has steam heat and one of the radiators is way too small to heat the room it's in. I acquired a good-sized used radiator from a neighbor, who had it sitting in her garage since the time she bought the house and didn't know if it worked or not. The price ($0) was right, but I want to test it before I go to the trouble of cleaning it up and installing it.

Google took me to this thread on this site which describes a good way to test if the radiator is sealed:

Sounds good, but I will need to shop for parts and searching for "air hose fill valve" doesn't get me anywhere. I can understand from the description what it does but is there another more common name for it?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

3. Matthew Leingang

Matthew Leingang New Member

Perfect. Thanks!