What is a Good brand of toilet??

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jimilie, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jimilie

jimilie New Member

What is a really good brand of toilet? One that flushes well, but does not cost a real lot of money?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

TOTO
    You can get the Dalton for less then $200
    They work better then the Kohler Cimarron.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Avoid the builder specials in the Big Box Stores. Kohler, Glacier Bay, and the like are prone for problems. Terry and other plumbers make a pretty good living replacing 1 and 2 year old toilets. I concur with Terry's recommendation of the Toto Dalton for an inexpensive toilet that works. If you can afford a few more dollars, the Toto Drake would be a very good choice.
  4. jimilie

jimilie New Member

What brand of toilet???

Thank you so very much, fellas!!
    I did read horror stories about the Kohler Cimarron!! Glad I did not get that one!!!
    Now, I did forget to ask about good brands of a toilet, with an elongated bowl, and ADA height. Same thing, eh, Toto Dalton and Drake, I'll bet...
    Thanks again!!!!!
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  5. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

How much do you have to spend?

I put in 2 Toto Ultimate II toilets in my house. I like these feature:
    1. One-piece - cleaner look, easier to clean, no chance of water leaks between bowl and tank
    2. Toto's unique "double cyclone" bowl rinse. Has really good bowl wash.
    3. Can get it with "Sanagloss" - a treatment of the surface to keep bowl cleaner.

What's the catch? Costs about $400 if memory serves.