Well water downhill from septic?

Users who are viewing this thread

bewing

Reaction score
I need to have a well drilled and I am downhill from my sister's and brother in-laws house, whose spetic tank will be right around 100 ft. away from the proposed well. This is within Arkansas's regulation for min. distance, but I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a bad idea, or should I be alright? Thanks

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
If the well is drilled and constructed correctly. Being pressure cemented from the bottom of the casing to the top.
With top ten feet filled with cement or grout, and a two by two concrete slab around the top of the well head.
BUT, that is going to come down to the well driller you find.

There are some that have no idea on how to complete a well.
Ask around, call the local county permitting office, and well supply houses, for a reputable well driller.

If you get a good well guy, you should be ok.
Another factor to conceder is, is the sewer system above you constructed correctly, and put in, in accordance with the law.

Travis

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
And be concerned with WHERE is the septic leach field, the tank is not so important. The quality of the septic install job is possibly more important than the well grouting.

Is it a nice sandy soil without any engineering required for the septic? Make sure bro in law gets a ONE PIECE tank also, and sets it in a nice sand bed, not like the usual morons that dont bother to level the hole bottom and remove all rocks.

bewing

Reaction score
And be concerned with WHERE is the septic leach field, the tank is not so important. The quality of the septic install job is possibly more important than the well grouting.

Is it a nice sandy soil without any engineering required for the septic? Make sure bro in law gets a ONE PIECE tank also, and sets it in a nice sand bed, not like the usual morons that dont bother to level the hole bottom and remove all rocks.

Thanks for the advice. My brother in laws septic is already in place and has been there since the 1990's. In arkansas a permit and inspection is required by the state for a septic install, so I am assuming it was installed with accordance to the law. Not sure about the one piece tank though?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Around here you can pull up anyones septic permit and review it and the inspections at the health or building department with an APN # or address. Public record.

At the end of it all, there isnt much you can do but live with whats there and do a good well.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Most wells 100' from the leach field will be ok if properly grouted.

I do remember a well years ago that only had 10' of surface casing and not grouted. The leachate water from a septic field 1/4 miles away was traveling down to an impervious rock and traveling downhill and entering the well just below the casing. This problem was due to an unproperly cased and grouted well!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks