3 cabins share a well pump, can I increase pressure to one cabin that is uphill?

Users who are viewing this thread

JeremyS

Reaction score
I am looking to increase water pressure at my cabin. There is a well shared by 2 other cabins (one at the same location as the pressure tank/pressure switch and well, 1 cabin downhill, and my cabin that is about 500 ft away from the well and about 100 feet higher in elevation. My water pressure has always just been OK, and I'd like to fix that. Is the best way to increase pressure at my cabin to install another booster pump and pressure tank in my cabin, or perhaps just a pressure booster pump on the incoming water supply pipe?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You maybe able to use a booster pump in the line coming up hill to your cabin. 100' of lift is about the same as 40 PSI. It would be best to install the booster at the bottom of the hill and set the pressure 40 PSI higher than your neighbors like 80/100. But with proper safeties so as not to collapse the line with too much suction, you maybe able to install a booster up at the house with a 40/60 pressure switch setting.

Best scenario would be to turn up the well pump to 80/100 and put a pressure reducing valve on the lines at that location or lower.

Shallow Well Pump with PK1A.png

JeremyS

Reaction score
Excellent advice! I hadn't thought about boosting at the well and then reducing to the other cabins. Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks