Well Pump Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

avis

Reaction score
The main problem is air in my lines. I have checked everything inside and all seems well. With the well cap off and ear in the pit the pump kicks on with a gurgles and sounds of spraying/dripping water can be heard faintly. When pumps turns off it sounds like water draining through the pipe and again dripping water(not sure what a well refilling sounds like).

After further inspection/diagnosis...

Upon opening the 6" well cap I find 3 wires, and a 1" female pipe level with the cap. Following this 1" pipe down into the well it comes to a connection with 4- 1/2" bolts. This pipe is in the center of the pit. I loossed 1 of the bolts to find water seeping through. Promptly I tightened it back down. I cannot see a pitless adapter.

After some research all I can make of this is that it is a well spool? Where the edges of this device touch the casing it look like it could be threaded.

My questions are.

If this is a spool how is it removed?

Could there still be a pitless underneath of this?

How do you recommend removing these bolts 4' down?

I am on the brink of having a professional take this one off my hands and really just want to know if all my efforts thus far have been in vain
angry.gif
before doing so.

Thanks

"I don't like hiring a pro unless I have to and I don't like DIY unless it's done"

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You use the word pit. Is the thing you are calling a well cap 3 or 4 feet underground?

I suggest that you don't remove more bolts for now, and don't pry stuff until you get some more information. I fear that you might be talking about a well seal, and you don't want to remove bolts from a well seal. I suggest that you post a photo or two of what you see.

The photos will need to be 800 pixels or less and less than 200 KB to upload, or you can use a link to whatever size photos you want.

avis

Reaction score
When I say pit I am referring to inside the casing 4' from the well cap. The cap I am referring to is the above grade portion of the casing.

I have tried getting photos of this but consistently fail because of the darkness/distance.

Opposite where the wires go through this seal/spool 4' down there is an opening but I can't really see through at all so I can't really describe anything else about it other than it is similar to the shape of part 17.

Here is the closest thing I can find to what this part looks like, but I have 4 bolts on top. (see part 17)

12%20in%20parts%20breakdown_0.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks