Well pump pressure switch won't engage

Users who are viewing this thread

Richf

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not a plumber or an electrician, so I'm kind of flying blind here...
I recently returned to my property that he been vacant over the winter in upstate ny. I replaced the pressure tank because it was leaking when I left, I also replaced the T, switch, and associated valves....so I have it wired correctly based on the directions provided...problem is when the switch is in auto position it does nothing, when I change it to on position I get a visible spark, and my friend said he could hear the pump (submersible) try to run. However the switch will not stay engaged on its own, stays off on auto, and is not building any pressure. Talked to a couple people about it and they are guessing it is simply a frozen line. Does this sound accurate or should I call in a pro?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Probably an M4 feature, low pressure cut off switch. You have to hold the lever until the pressure comes up, as it won't stay engaged until the pressure reaches 30 PSI or so. Pipe from the well could be frozen. Or could have been frozen and now is broken. A clip around amp meter will tell you which it is. Max amps means the pipe is broken. Low amps means the pipe is frozen.

hicksie

Reaction score
Ok Taking a shot here I'm new...
I keep losing g water my pressure tank is hallow, the pressure switch has electric to it but won't kick off, the gauge reads zero a friend of mine who is a plummer stated I have a leak somewhere...
What do I do.

Reach4

Reaction score
should I call in a pro?
Yes. That pro should be one that specializes in well pumps and service.

You have tried the stuff that you can readily do on your own. Time to just get it fixed, which will presumably involve pulling the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks