water trickling in

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by ep, Dec 18, 2004.

1. ep

ep New Member

We just installed a toto C704L-01. The water is only trickling into the tank. The supply line has a bend in it. I presume this is the problem. Does this piece come in shorter lengths and is it available at most hardware stores? Thanks.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Generic supply line from the wall shutoff to the inlet of the fill valve come in different lengths. The standard braided supplys for toilets come in 9", 12" and 16".

For the ADA version toilets, most of the time a 12" will do and sometimes a 16".

For standard height, I use 12".

I would remove the supply from the toilet and see if the water is flowing from the supply line. First things first. Where is the last place where water was found.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tube

If it a corrugated tube, then it may be intergral with the valve and in that case both the valve and the tube will require replacement.