Water tank - beginner's question

Users who are viewing this thread

tksattler

Reaction score
Okay - so I'm trying to remove a pressure tank from a water well. It's old - very old. The fittings are extremely tight, and I don't know which way to try to turn them. Before I make things worse, could someone advise? I know some fittings can be backwards - clockwise instead of counter clockwise. I'm referring to the actual giant nut that attaches to the tank on both sides. Obviously, I'm not exactly sure what I'm talking about ;) Thanks much for any help! DSCN9006-001.jpgDSCN9005-001.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Don't know for sure, but that big 'nut' next to the tank wall may be welded in and you might not get it off. While there are some, it's rare in general plumbing that you'd have a left-hand thread. You'd probably be better off taking the stuff off further out.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are very FEW fittings which have a left hand thread, and none of yours do. BUT, none of the fittings in your picture can be taken apart, either, without a union somewhere or cutting the pipe.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The big nut next to the tank is a bushing. It's not welded in.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks