Wall Mounted Toilet not flushing

Users who are viewing this thread

tsjmh

Reaction score
I had a Duravit wall mounted toilet installed this summer along with a walk in shower with a floor drain. Recently we noticed that the toilet does not flush completely. It has not overflowed. Twice I noticed that water was gurgling in the floor drain in the shower too. Used a snake in the toilet but it didn't help. There is a Studor 'mini vent' on the wall next to the toilet. Could there be an issue with the venting? Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is a Studor 'mini vent' on the wall next to the toilet. Could there be an issue with the venting? Thanks!

On the wall or in the wall? The AAV needs air, so we install them with a grill for that.
If the shower drain is gurgling, you may have a mainline back up.

index.php

Last edited:

tsjmh

Reaction score
The vent is in the wall between the toilet and shower. There is a grill cover over it. How can I tell if it is a mainline back up?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If there is no partial clog, you will be able to quickly dump a full 5 gallon bucket of water into the toilet with no problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks