Wall Mounted Am Standard

Users who are viewing this thread

gretchen

Reaction score
I have a couple of 1960's Am Standard wall mounted toilets that just aren't up to the job of teens with limited fiber. I want to replace them but the only Am Standard ones I can find seem to be "pressure assisted" and I am concerned about the noise. Advice please. Do I need to stay with the same brand or are the mounting rackets universal?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Generally speaking, they are standard. The American Standard Glenwall is a good performer, and the pressure assist may be a bit noisy compared to gravity flush toilets, but wall mounted gravity toilets are not super performers. There is a Gerber that is a gravity toilet; I am using my phone when writing this, so I can't do as much research as I usually do. Use the search function on the forum to find Glenwall, and one of the recent threads on it should mention the other, current, limited options. The Glenwall with the Sloan FlushMate is going to please you both in flush power and cleaning of the bowl, so I wouldn't discount it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In the Seattle area, I sell the American Standard Glenwall pressure assist and the Gerber Maxwell gravity wall hung.
The Glenwall is a standard height, the Maxwell is ADA height.
My mother's home in Bellevue has one of each. It's kind of fun to install these where you can get some first hand knowledge of them. We are to top choice in the Seattle area for this. Most companies here have little expiernence with wall hung, but we do a "lot" of them.
The carrier you have now will work with either of these.

http://terrylove.biz/home/57-american-standard-glenwall-wall-hung-toilet.html

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/49-gerber-maxwell-wall-hung-toilet.html

The pictures are of actual installs that we have done.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks