Vespin II, CST474CEFG Watersense Toilet Review, comments and pictures.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Terry, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

TOTO has a new model of the Vespin out, the Vespin II
    Universal height bowl, 16-1/8" before you add the seat.
    Siphon jet flush using 1.28 gallons, Watersense so it gets the water saving rebates
    Double Cyclone® flushing system, low consumption (1.28GPF/4.8LPF
    800 grams, so it has a very good flush.
    Comes with a standard 12" Rough-in, but can be changed to 10" or 14" by changing the adapter.
    Elongated bowl with Sanagloss in Cotton White, Colonial White, Bone (Almond) and Sedona Beige (Biscuit)
    Also comes in Black, but without Sanagloss.
    Spec sheet pdf

[​IMG]

TOTO Vespin II, CST474CEFG

[​IMG]

and front view

[​IMG]

And view at the wall.

[​IMG]
    Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
    Comfort Height bowl
    800 Grams MaP
    Sanagloss
    Skirted bowl
    This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
    The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
    This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
    Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
    In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
    Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
    Everything is on the truck for that.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. Reader Review

Reader Review Comments by readers

Vespin II

Hi Terry,
    I am thrilled with my new toilets and the wonderful job Jamie did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. Hooley
    Bellevue WA
  3. George K

George K New Member

Vespin II Supply Location

I am interested in the Vespin II, and my water supply is 7" from center, 5 1/4" high and sticks out from the wall 3 1/12". Terry has posted that the Vespin II works at 5.5" from center, but the picture looks like the supply is much higher off the floor to not interfere with the skirt. Would my spec's work OK with or without a Dahl valve for Toto. Thanks much.
  4. Terry

We've been installing the Vespin II with the water supply as close as 5.5 to the left of center.
    If you were to install at 8", it would be quite a ways away.
    For example, most toilet specs say 8", even when some will work at 3", like for the Drake and the Drake II.
  5. Kelly Kramer

Kelly Kramer In the Trades

I installed a one piece version of this toilet and the standard 6 inches left of centre and 6 inches off the floor did not work. Since I had to move the water line I went up a couple of inches and towards the center an inch. This helped hide the valve from view but still easy to access.
  6. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Well done! So many folks stress out on having to move the water supply a few inches. It's such a simple job and requires (usually) just basic wall patching that any homeowner should be able to do. Enjoy your new Vespin.
  7. Williamsem

Williamsem New Member

Just to add so it's all in one place, a reviewer noted how happy he was with the flush/bowl wash even with Crohn's issues in the mix. I'll spare you the details, but it's posted on the listing for the bowl only. I was looking for info on performance with similar concerns and had litte luck. I decided to forgo the Aquia II and get the Vespin II instead so I could get a larger water spot, Sanagloss, and dual cyclone rinse yet still have a skirted base at a decent price.

Thank you for this great review! I will be sure my GC sees the info on clearance needed before he gets worried (I'm at just under 6 inches) and the official specs do not list the bowl height without seat. The information posted at this forum has been invaluable in my quest for a great toilet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  8. Terry

[​IMG]

Vespin II in Bellevue