Vanity Wall Light - How Close to Ceiling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jman2012a

Reaction score
I am installing a bathroom in my basement and the ceilings are low and are drywall. We are beginning to design it and want a light above the vanity mirror. The light will be wall mounted. What is the minimum distance from the top of the light to the ceiling that is permitted?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there's a restriction, it will vary on the specific fixture you choose; there is no generic specification on this that I'm aware of. ANd, if you end up with a CFL or LED lamp, there may not be one, regardless. There are some rules on places like closets, but I do not think there are on 'open' rooms, generically, anyways.

Queen50

Reaction score
Maybe you should consider recessed ceiling lights.

Attachments

• bath recessed.jpg
    bath recessed.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 357

Jman2012a

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. There is ductwork above the sink, so any lighting above the sink is not an option. I plan on using a vanity light that has fluorescent bulbs, so heat should not be a problem. Want to make sure placement was OK.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks