Using PEX for first time, eye wash station

Users who are viewing this thread

LesD

Reaction score
I need to supply water to a eye wash station in my shop. I could connect to a 3/4" water supply about 80 feet away.
My question is the station needs between 30-90 PSI to create the spray. Using 1/2" PEX, will that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Stated pex size is 1/8" ID smaller. Running 1/2" pex is like 3/8" copper. Would there be enough pressure/volume available to your eyewash with 3/8" if someone or two was using a faucet or tub or whatever when you also need an eye wash? Just a WAG, bigger would be better.

Kiton

Reaction score
We have an eye wash station at work, it is hooked up with what appears at quick glance to be standard stainless sink speedway (1/2 compression fittings on the wash station side) on a 1/2 CU line. They really don't seem to consume much water. Most of the water in the shop area is 3/4 so I assume that it was taken down to 1/2 somewhere in the wall. I think if you add a 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/2 Tee and run 1/2 to the station you will be fine.
I am not a plumber (by any stretch), just relating how our eye wash station is setup.

Edit:
Adding a pix from a second station in the plant, which uses a push handle and a much more robust fitting, to 1/2 CU (and a sloppy install job).
The foot pedal activation and chain pull down handle units all have different hook ups, but all are fed by 1/2 copper, 1/2 pex will cut the mustard, the water output is very little.
Ours have an inline thermometer showing the temp, which is preset to 68 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_1718_Snapseed.jpg
    IMG_1718_Snapseed.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks