Using a 3"san. Tee

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Larry4, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Larry4

Larry4 New Member

I Have one tight tie in on the job. They are finishing the basment and have to keep a new 3" soil line up in the joist bay. I normally use a combo wye and eigth bend to tie in, but this will bring me down too low. How much would the inspector frown if I drop one branch into a 3" san. Tee. The tee is straight up of course.

Thanks,

Lar
  2. Larry4

Larry4 New Member

[​IMG]
    I am using the san tee upright with flow comming into the top ( not horizonal, I wouldnt do that). I normally use a wye with a street 45 to bring the angle up to a 90. This may be fine to use. I was told always to use wyes not san tees. The san tee is a much lower profile than the wye with a street 45. This is a tight spot in joist bay to sub floor. Man I have to get some software with fittings and stuff. Anyone know where I can get that so I can Illustrate some things.

thanks,

Lar
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Just take a picture of some fittings pushed together and post that.
    Much quicker than drawing them.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tee

IF the tee is vertical with the branch going horizontally off to the side, then the sanitary tee is the NORMAL fitting to use. A "Y" or combo has absolutely no benefits and is sometimes illegal for that situation.