Unifit Flange Difficulties

Users who are viewing this thread

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
I picked up a Toto Vespin and a 10 inch unifit this afternoon. I trial fit the unifit and i have issues with my flange. There is an offset flange installed and the flange is not level. It is about 1/2 inch off the floor in the rear and about 1/4 inch off the floor in the front. Thus the unifit will not fit flat over the flange. Will an oversize wax ring seal the gap or am i asking for trouble? If the flange has to be replaced, typically how much destruction is necessary to the tile around the flange?

Thanks,

Dave

TOTO Unifit information

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It is a rare toilet that will sit on a flange sitting that high. Is the piping cast iron or plastic? Do you have access from below or is it on a slab? WIthout seeing it, it is hard to say what will be required. Can you post a picture?

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
Its plastic pipe with an offset flange. The flange itself is steel (cheap). It is in a slab surrounded by tile on a slab. I have a pic on my computer but I'm not savy enough to post it! Thanks.

Dave

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
Ok, i figured out how to attach a pic. Let me know what you think.

Dave

Attachments

• flange.JPG
    flange.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 292

Tenderpaw

Reaction score
if you are referring to the purple, someone put that purple stuff you use to join plastic pipes around the top of the flange.

Dave