Uncle Knackers Demonstrates the Perfect Caulking Method

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by uncle knackers, Jul 4, 2010.

1. uncle knackers

uncle knackers In the Trades

Uncle Knackers Demonstrates the Perfect Caulking Method

Gidday Guys, Uncle Knackers here. I hope you don't mind but l have made a number of DIY Vids to share with my fellow renovators. Have a squizz and let me know what you think. Cheers. Ps Don't be to cruel on me! They are light entertainment with some good advice thrown in.

This is the link to my Caulking Video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzezmW6URU

[video=youtube;idzezmW6URU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzezmW6URU[/video]
    Have a good one:)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2010
  2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

I have always just used a wet finger, but now I see how to eliminate needing to go back and remove the excess that rolls to the sides.

Nice job!
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Where do I find "Paddle Pops"?

Nobody has them here... LOL
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Why is an Aussie using "mountain music"? Shouldn't it be "Waltzing Matilda"? Half the video is watching him eat his Creamsicle. A wet finger and a damp sponge works for me, and I don't have to spend $2.00 on a popsicle.
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

So what other video clips do you have?
  6. Cookie

Cookie .

Kia Ora,

My audio card broke on my laptop but I watched the video anyway and now, I want one of those Paddle Pops.
  7. leejosepho

The one about caulk is as close as he gets to plumbing ...
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

This may be the only one that, to paraphrase him "knocks your socks off". But it is a good video of how to eat a "Paddle Pop".
  9. Cookie

Cookie .

He's cute too, great dimples. :)
  10. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

There is a product I have seen on the market that is supposed to do about the same job as the Paddle Pop stick. It is plastic and has several tips that allow different widths of caulking. It appears quite usable if one was going to be doing frequent caulking. I didn't feel it was worth getting for myself since my need to caulk is very limited. The stick might be a good idea for those of us that only caulk occasionally, but the wet finger works pretty well, too,.
  11. leejosepho

Finger or stick really makes no big difference. The neat thing here is spraying a mist of water on everything after the caulk has been applied and before wiping so there is no "spillover" to go back and clean up later. I have an entire bathroom to re-do, and that kind of problem is one reason I have been avoiding doing it.
  12. nukeman

nukeman Nuclear Engineer