Type of check valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by alternety, Oct 3, 2006.

1. alternety

alternety Like an engineer

I am specifying some check valves in my new water system (well source). They are used to keep water from moving backwards through the centrifigul pressure pump and from flowing backwards through a filter that has its own pressure tank on the filtred side.

I would appreciate input on wheather to use swing checks or spring loaded checks.
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

There are spring loaded checks for that purpose.
  3. Rancher

Rancher Guest

Where is your centrifugal pump located?

Rancher
  4. Hardt

Hardt Member

FWIW, I don't have any experience whatsoever in wells but my solar water system used a spring check valve and the rubber o-ring deteriorated to nothing and the spring probably was not at specs because of age. I had recurring problems trying to keep it working so I replaced it with a swing check valve and I don't see anything that can go bad with it... no spring, no rubber o-ring and don't see gravity going away anytime soon. :) It has worked flawlessly for the past 5-6 years.
  5. Cass

Cass Plumber