Two Basement Sink Install w/undersink pump - venting

Users who are viewing this thread

djbarber2

Reaction score
Currently roughing in two basement sinks (one for bar, one for workshop)...they will be on opposite sides of a wall. Trying to figure out how to vent this arrangement properly. I plan to have each sink on their own p-traps and separate drain lines into each side of the pump. I will vent the pump to attic, however, I've seen various codes that require the sinks drains to also be vented. I've attached a sketch of what I am thinking (circles are where pipes go into the wall). I would attach a double-Y at the pump drain and attach both sinks to it (with p-traps up stream), then I would provide a vent to the third leg of the double-Y which would then wye into the main vent stack coming from the pump. Let me know if I'm missing something..not sure if this "double venting" is really required.

Attachments

• Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 559

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The sewage pump needs a vent, and any fixtures dumping into the sewage pump need to be vented, the same as any other plumbing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks