Toto Vespin Big installation problem

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by FJK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. FJK

FJK New Member

I need some creative thinking here, I really screwed myself on this one.

Total bath remodel, walls are painted, tile is in ( including baseboard tile next to the floor). So, I'm installing a Toto Vespin toilet, same as I installed in another bathroom. This toilet uses the modular drain system, so I'm concentrating on building up the flange, etc. As I mock up the modular drain, I notice that the water supply line is only 4" off the center line of the drain. On my other Vespin installation, the water supply line was 9" off the centerline of the drain. The toilet is not going to fit. Now what???

My specific model is a CST474 CEF (G) and the Toto installation instructions say a min distance for the water line is 8". The same instructions also say for a CST 794 toilet the min distance to the water line is 4".

So, do I try to exchance the toilet for a CST 794, but was is a CST 794?

Or, is there some creative way to 90 degree pipe out of the wall and then be able to install a shutoff valve & run the water supply line as normal? Please tell me an alternative to knocking out the drywall.

Thanks, FJK
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can 90 over if it's copper.
    Or use a Dahl stop for the Toto

Normally the Vespin II needs 6" to the left of center.

[​IMG]
  3. FJK

FJK New Member

Yes, I have 1/2 copper. So are you saying 90 over using a sweated fitting or use a Dahl 90 valve as you have shown (I assume that is what you are calling a Dahl stop. The Dahl stop, where can I get one, a lumbing supply house? This might save the day as long as it can hug the wall & not protrude more than 2". That's the clearance I have with my other Vespin II.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can slightly bury the angle stop in the wall sometimes, or just solder on a 90 el.