TOTO Unifit adapter

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by john czar, Aug 6, 2005.

1. john czar

john czar New Member

My plumber is hesitant to use the Unifit rough in for the Toto Carlyle toilet. He will need to use the 10" as it sits 11" from the wall. What is the reputation on this Unifit rough in? Am I asking for trouble? He has no experience with it and feels it will be a problem.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Works great. That toilet uses a unifit adapter, regardless. It comes with a 12", but you can replace it with either the 10 or 14" version as an extra cost replacement. He may be thinking that it is used in addition to the "normal" toilet connection; it IS the normal toilet connection for that series of Toto's. I've got one and a Vespin (which also uses the adapter) and they're fine. Have him look at the thing, and he'll come around. The only thing is that there are holes that need to be drilled to mount the thing. If you've got tile, it takes a little longer. First you set it over the flange, mark the holes for the 4 screws at the back, drill, then screw it to the flange and the 4 holes. Then you set the toilet on the adapter and use the flange bolts coming out of the adapter rather than the flange. Don't forget the wax ring or waxless seal under the adapter.
  3. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

Tell your plumber not to be intimidated by something he hasnt seen/installed before....or hire a different plumber. He isnt going to be able to install your carlyle without the adapter.

TOTO Unifit information
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010