Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO Legato MS624214CEFG One-Piece Toilet, Review and Pictures
I installed two of these this week in Kirkland. Very nice looking and should be very functional. The standard colors come with CEFIONTECT. These are Watersense 1.28 GPF with double cyclone rinse.

legato_01.jpg

One Piece toilet with SS214 seat

legato_02.jpg

legato_03.jpg

legato_04.jpg

legato_05.jpg

1.28 GPF Water sense, CEFIONTECT bowl finish, Double Cyclone rinse.
It should work much like the Ultramax II in performance.

Spec sheet

TOTO Legato in the Seattle area

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
It looks like Legato has an extra side port. Is that to permit using conventional seat nuts?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Legato uses the Unifit Adapter and the ports you describe are to give access to the nuts holding the adapter to the flange and toilet. All Toto toilets using the Unifit are skirted to cover the adapter and have these access ports.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was referring to the panel marked in yellow rather than red:

huge2.png

legato_09.jpg

legato_07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Okay, I will finish posting the other pictures I took.

legato_11.jpg

The seat attaches with regular seat bolts that come with a seat. Any elongated seat would fit on this, and it comes "with" a nice seat.

legato_12.jpg

legato_10.jpg

legato_06.jpg

legato_inside_tank.jpg

Inside the tank.

legato_08.jpg

Last edited:

LucyintheSky

Reaction score
Terry, we went to downtown Chicago's Toto showroom to see the VespinII because it appears our first choice, the Maris, is discontinued & being re-engineered. It was ok looking, but another showroom had Legato which looks more sleek than the "chalice front" Vespin. I forgot to look at the right side of the toilet closely. Can you confirm the access hatches are only on the left side when facing the toilet? Does this come in 2pc? Also, I found the included seat very uncomfortable & would prefer a quick release seat for cleaning. Can I just use any elongated seat that fits? I am hoping the Legato, with a big water spot & Dbl Cyclone will flush well & avoid streaking--any thoughts? It's a shame about the Maris, that was my 1st choice for style.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
legato_09.jpg

The access panel is on both sides. This gives access to the water supply, and the seat bolts.
Any elongated seat will work. In the Seattle area, we credit back the seat and put it back in stock if they are going with something else. Some are installing Washlets.

This does come with the double cyclone, which I think has been working well.
Given the current limitations on water usage, it's pretty darn good. It won't be like the 9.0 gallon bowls we're taking out lately. But then the nine gallon bowls were pretty poor flushing. Go figure?!

legato_01.jpg

The Legato installed.
The seat that comes with is the best color match. Though most people don't seem to notice if the whites don't match.
Kohler makes a nice softclosing seat with the ability to remove. Cachet

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
They are absolutely-identical except for the trip lever. Exact same china shell. Exact same guts. Exact same Unifit adapters. Exact same seat (SS214).

This sounds stupid until you realize that they are part of a set. You can get an entire bathroom set of Aimes stuff, right down to the towel bar. It is one design. You can get a set of Legato bathroom stuff as well. Its design is totally-different. So...the toilet for the Aimes set has a trip lever that matches its faucets and tub trim and everything else. The toilet for the Legato set has a trip lever that matches its faucets and tub trim and everything else. From a marketing perspective, particularly at this high price-point, you can tell the designer, "I want the Aimes bathroom" or "I want the Legato bathroom", and you get a matched set of tub, shower trim, toilet, sink, etc., with consistent trim.

In fact, the Legato faucet would really class-up that sink in Terry's photo.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the explanation. When you look at the pictures and specs, they are the same!

You can pull up their spec sheets at their web site and you will see that the photos are identical except for the trip lever style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ludatik

Reaction score
We just installed a Legato this past weekend. My version has a "flush tower" as opposed to the flapper in the earlier posts. Not sure when Toto made the revision but thought I'd update this thread for future reference. Great toilet so far!

IMG_2949.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ms624-05.jpg

TOTO MS624124CEFG Legato with the Connect bowl.

ms624-06.jpg

With the hole in the top of the bowl for a Washlet install.

ms624-08.jpg

Or just use the seat that comes with the toilet. It's a little different design that covers the Connect hole.

ms624-10.jpg

ms624-09.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks