Toto Eco Drake and Eco Ultramax vs Drake II and Ultramax II

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jla, Aug 4, 2012.

1. jla

jla New Member

I am planning to buy two Toto toilets, ADA height preferably with Sanagloss finish. One for the master bath (a one piece) and one for a second bath that is not used alot (so can be less expensive). I was told to go with the Eco Ultramax and Eco Drake because they have the better flushing ability given the wider trap which uses the E-max flush system. Is this accurate? This would mean these 2 toilets perform better than the newer
    Ultramax II and Drake II which use the cyclone flushing system. Also, is there any other difference between these toilets?
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Well, that's certainly one opinion.

The Drake II and EcoDrake are both 1.28gpf. Drake II [CST454CEFG] comes standard with the Double Cyclone flush, Sanagloss Finish, and Universal Height.
    On the EcoDrake, you have a choice of either Sanagloss [CST744EG] OR Universal Height [CST744EF] OR ADA Height [CST744EL]; they don't make a higher model in Sanagloss.

Similar differences between the EcoUltramax and the Ultramax II, but they do make an ELG version of the EcoUltramax that's ADA Height and with Sanagloss [MS854114ELG]. However, because the II versions come with a bunch of stuff as standard equipment, that toilet is likely to cost you more than the Ultramax II.

At the end of the day, it depends upon whether you want the Double-Cyclone or not. The trap diameter is 2-1/8 on both systems, and, if anything, the Double Cyclone toilets have a trapway that benefitted from additional thinking by Toto (e.g. it's newer).

I think they should all work fine, and you should get the one that you think looks best and meets your price point. We have a Carlyle II (double-cyclone) and two Drakes. They're different, but they all work great. A little better bowl rinse with the Double Cyclone, and the Sanagloss is nice.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  3. jla

jla New Member

Thanks so much for your help.:)
  4. jla

jla New Member

So if you were buying 2 new Toto toilets today, a 1-piece and a 2-piece, what would you get?
  5. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

If I wanted ADA height and Sanagloss, I would go with the Drake II and the Ultramax II. I like their looks, plus a good value since you get basically a fully-equipped toilet at a good price: Universal Height, Sanagloss, Eco-Flush, Double-Cyclone. If you like the looks of the originals better (and I do like the looks of the original Drake), then I would go with one or the other of them. But I myself would probably go as I say.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012