Toto Drake vs. UltraMax vs. Eljer Titan vs. Dalton

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by colden, Jan 29, 2006.

1. colden

colden New Member

I was going to get an Eljer Titan for about $300 until I started reading about the Toto. So now I'm considering these as well: Toto UltraMax, Toto Drake CST744S and the CST734F Dalton

The Drake is cheaper than the UltraMax and the optional SanaGloss finish adds a bit more. How are these pricing points? Since I'll be installing it myself, which is better for the price? And easier to install?

It doesn't matter that the toilet is one or two pieces, unless the one piece is much better.

Looking forward to your expert advice.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I handle this pretty well in the toilet report below.

The Drake is the two piece version of the Ultramax, but without the slow closing seat.

It's more about looks than function.

Reasons for a one-piece,
    Slightly quieter
    Comes with the seat
    No cleaning between tank and bowl
    Tank doesn't need installing
    Looks, purely subjective here

The Drake and the Ultramax, the first to come out with the larger flush valve and the long sweeping trapway have been doing very well.

Titan, a copy of the taller Drake that works pretty well.
    Quality does not look as nice as the Toto line though. Nobody buys the Titan if they look at the Drake side by side.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  3. colden

colden New Member

Terry,

I respect your opinion and will go with the one-piece sans the special coating.

Thanks for your very prompt response!