Toto Drake skid mark problem

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by sefuller, Nov 28, 2009.

1. sefuller

sefuller New Member

We have an ST743SD which I installed about two years ago. The other end of the house has a Kohler Wellworth(?) toilet that is original to the 1958 house. The Toto retains marks in the bowl about 90% of the time after a bowel movement, while the original toilet almost never does. I have tried flushing before using as well as flushing during use to try to alleviate the problem but to no avail. This is not a chronic problem when using toilets elsewhere. I am wondering if there is perhaps a problem with our toilet, as other reviews don't seem to indicate this being a problem with this model? I have been happy with every other aspect of the toilet, and it ALWAYS removes all the contents of the bowl, even if it leaves a reminder that they were there.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

All toilets after 1992 use less water.

Your 1958 bowl, has a deep pool of water, and may use 5-7 gallons on the flush.
    Lots of water is always good.
  3. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Hmm, a drake has a fairly good bowl wash. Perhaps you need to try a different seat. The Toto soft close seats tend to position you (once you learn how to sit on them properly) over the water spot a bit better than a normal flat seat. Otherwise if it bothers you that much, it might be worth it to try a different model with a sanagloss coating.
  4. ChuckS

ChuckS New Member

I flush twice or even 3 times when it's a stainer...
  5. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

A $17 traditional seat works as well for positioning on the Drake.

I do wonder whether or not it is a sanagloss vs. not problem though.