TOTO Drake siphon line leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

larry528

Reaction score
I installed a TOTO Drake in a bath remodel back in November 2007. Since then, after an hour or so after flushing, the BLACK siphon line coming from the top of the fill valve that dumps into the white fill pipe develops a steady drip drip drip.

I cant seem to find anyway to flush sediment from the valve assembly the way you can Fluidmasters. However, I have NEVER had any sediment issues before, there wasnt any sediment in the old toilet tank this replaced. I am assuming that perhaps some manufacturing debris may be present in the fill valve, but thats a guess.

Any suggestions?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on which refil valve is in your toilet, if it is the Korky version, it is quick and easy to replace the top seal. You can get it at a Lowes for a couple of dollars. Check out www.korky.com to see if your valve looks like that, if so, it will take about a minute or so to fix. Sometimes, just taking it apart and flushing it out works, but often it looks fine, but still leaks a little. The instructions are on the site, and come with the part.

larry528

Reaction score
When you say "Korky" style, is that a name i would see on the fill assembly, or just an assembly that looks like it?

I noticed that your instructions for the Korky style indicate that it "could" be a leaking flapper. Is this where I would put dye in the tank, and see if it enters the bowl?

Then I guess that means that I would have to disassemble the whole thing, tank and all from the base, and redo all that maybe one or two more times?

:eek::eek::eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks