TOTO Drake II glazed trapway. CST454CEFG

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So here is a picture of the TOTO Drake trapway. My son Jamie thought it would be a good idea to trip on a concrete step while carrying a Drake inside to install. This gives us a good chance to take a good look inside. Normally we don't like to break toilets before we install them, but really, how are you gonna know these things?

drake_2_trap_4.jpg

drake_2_trap_1.jpg

This looked to be a fully glazed trapway. Still not sure if that's best, as the rough ones work real well too. Someone worked overtime on this glazing job.

drake_2_trap_2.jpg

This picture reminds me of the pictures from my colonoscopy. Seriously.

drake_2_trap_3.jpg

And the lower end of the bowl. Sweet! :)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Gee, so after all the bitching I have read here and elsewhere to the effect that the Drake trapway isn't really "fully-glazed", these photos prove that it is. I will refer said complainers to this thread from now on.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Someone worked overtime on this glazing job.

It's good to know that there are still people who take pride in their job and have a passion for excellence. Makes me think he's an older dude, born in the 50's... If he's a young'un and he's not different than any of the other Toto employess, then congrats,Toto!, you're doing a great job molding your employees to only accept excellence.

Where was the bowl made?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks