TOTO Drake II glazed trapway. CST454CEFG

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Terry, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

So here is a picture of the TOTO Drake trapway. My son Jamie thought it would be a good idea to trip on a concrete step while carrying a Drake inside to install. This gives us a good chance to take a good look inside. Normally we don't like to break toilets before we install them, but really, how are you gonna know these things?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This looked to be a fully glazed trapway. Still not sure if that's best, as the rough ones work real well too. Someone worked overtime on this glazing job.

[​IMG]

This picture reminds me of the pictures from my colonoscopy. Seriously.

[​IMG]

And the lower end of the bowl. Sweet! :)
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Gee, so after all the bitching I have read here and elsewhere to the effect that the Drake trapway isn't really "fully-glazed", these photos prove that it is. I will refer said complainers to this thread from now on.
  3. Wallijonn

Wallijonn Member

It's good to know that there are still people who take pride in their job and have a passion for excellence. Makes me think he's an older dude, born in the 50's... If he's a young'un and he's not different than any of the other Toto employess, then congrats,Toto!, you're doing a great job molding your employees to only accept excellence.

Where was the bowl made?
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014