Toto drake fill valve issue

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by chopper, May 31, 2008.

1. chopper

chopper New Member

when the toilet is flushed it hesitates for several seconds befor filling. It seems to be getting worse as far as how long it hesitates. There do not seem to be any moving parts of the fill valve that could be sticking. It is a Toto gmax part. Any ideas? Thanks. Rick
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

http://www.terrylove.com/korky/

It may need a replacement cap made by Korky. You can find them next to the QuietFill Valve by Korky in the plumbing Isle of Lowes.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  3. SamC

SamC Member

I had the exact same symptoms. The replacement cap Terry mentioned solved the problem. I talked to Korky's customer service. They walked me through the troubleshooting procedure, and since the toilet was less than five years old, sent me a free replacement cap.
  4. OLDMUSIC

OLDMUSIC New Member

Gmax malfunction

Gmax on Drake is causing a water hammer like noise as it fills the tank. Running the cold water in the sink stops the noise. Seems like there may be dirt in the GMAX. Any instruction on how to take it apart and clean out the GMAX?
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The cap just unsnaps.

If it is a jackhammer type noise it may be a loose washer on the angle stop valve coming out of the wall to the toilet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  6. OLDMUSIC

OLDMUSIC New Member

Gmax malfunction

I closed the valve and then re-opened it. The noise is gone. Thank you