Toto Drake elongated or round?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Tail, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Tail

Tail New Member

Thanks so much for this forum. It is really helped in deciding a replacement toilet for a bathroom remodel we are doing in Ohio. From your responses we have decide on a Toto Drake. The question now is whether we should go with the round or elongated? Our bathroom is definitly on the small side with only a 30" width between the walls where the toilet fits in and a depth of 41" to the door. From measurements an elongated Drake will move the outer edge of the bowl out another 2" from the current bowl which is round. The current depth of our toilet is 26". So I was wondering what others thought about comfort and space in regards to the round or elongated bowl shapes?
  2. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Looks like your knee's will be almost touching the wall even with a round bowl.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Where you sit, is the same, regardless as the whether its round or elongated.

The elongated is 1.5" longer at the very end, but your seat is in the same place.

Normally you like to see 24" from the end of the bowl, to the next wall.
  4. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

yep, also 18" side to side from center of the flange.
  5. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Comfort for a guy is better in the elongated as you have more room in the front.
    I think you would better to have more room in front of the bowl if your space is that tight.
  6. Vikingham

Vikingham New Member

We're in a small bathroom situation too - we have the round model, and it's quite comfortable (and yes, I'm a guy!).
  7. Cass

Cass Plumber

If you have the room and would like to have a happier wife get the elongated.

Women prefer the elongated over the round.
  8. lars

lars New Member

I have all elongated toilets. As a guy, larger target. I am in to good function which is why I like toto's. Sounds like a tight space. Good luck.
  9. achutch

achutch New Member

Elongated / Round

I have 1 elongated (Toto Drake - ADA Model) toilet and 3 round bowls (antiques). The elongated and extra tall Toto wins hands down for comfort. Compared to the Toto, the others feel like I'm sitting over a chamber pot!!

achutch