Toto Aquia versus CST405MF Toto Rowan

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by rotciv, Mar 22, 2013.

1. rotciv

rotciv New Member

Doing a BR reno and have narrowed down to Toto Aquia vs Toto Rowan. There doesn't seem to be many reviews on the Rowan. Anybody have experience with Rowan? Is it comparable to the Aquia in terms of flushing ability. Certainly is less $.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I have not installed the CST405MF Rowan yet.
    It looks like they are using a bowl similar to the CST703 and the CST713, but taller. It has the tight bends on the trapway that the 703 had that I didn't like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  3. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

I think it's also a two-inch flush valve. There's a video of it somewhere on youtube where a person thought it was a Aquia tank on a Drake bowl, until they were corrected. It looks like it flushes pretty poorly, at least from the video.

The Aquia has met with near-universal acclaim from customers; given that, I wouldn't be inclined to try something that has obvious potential flaws.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  4. rotciv

rotciv New Member

Thanks for your feedback
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  5. stephenk

stephenk New Member

Just a bit of info to add, I was considering the Rowan recently and emailed Toto to ask where it was made. They told me it was made in Mexico.