Toto Aquia Temporary Install on Concrete Floor

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by ipedalfaster, Oct 14, 2013.

1. ipedalfaster

ipedalfaster New Member

I have a Toto Aquia (10" rough-in) that I am ready to install in downstairs bathroom which has a concrete floor. There is a 50/50 chance that I will eventually tile the floors of this bathroom and I am wondering how difficult it will be to re-install the toilet atop the new tile if choose to go that route or if (because of Toto's mounting system) I will be forced to tile around the unit?

Has anybody had any experience with this (in particular with a concrete floor)? Any insight(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Aquia bowl sets on the finished flooring.

You can set the bowl now, with the mounting blocks to the floor, but then after the new floor, you will need to reset the blocks.
    We carry a rotohammer for those installs.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

First suggestion - SAVE THE TEMPLATE! It's not a big deal to remove the mounting hardware, then reinstall after you add tile. You may then need to either stack or use a jumbo wax ring to make the seal if you can't or don't want to move the flange up on top of the finished surface. You may need to buy a diamond core bit to drill through the tile (Lowes carries one brand), but it depends on the tile. Some tile can be cut with a carbide drill bit, but some porcelain is almost as hard as diamond, and laughs at the carbide!