Toto Aquia Temporary Install on Concrete Floor

Users who are viewing this thread

ipedalfaster

Reaction score
I have a Toto Aquia (10" rough-in) that I am ready to install in downstairs bathroom which has a concrete floor. There is a 50/50 chance that I will eventually tile the floors of this bathroom and I am wondering how difficult it will be to re-install the toilet atop the new tile if choose to go that route or if (because of Toto's mounting system) I will be forced to tile around the unit?

Has anybody had any experience with this (in particular with a concrete floor)? Any insight(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia bowl sets on the finished flooring.

You can set the bowl now, with the mounting blocks to the floor, but then after the new floor, you will need to reset the blocks.
We carry a rotohammer for those installs.

aquia_install_fig_5.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First suggestion - SAVE THE TEMPLATE! It's not a big deal to remove the mounting hardware, then reinstall after you add tile. You may then need to either stack or use a jumbo wax ring to make the seal if you can't or don't want to move the flange up on top of the finished surface. You may need to buy a diamond core bit to drill through the tile (Lowes carries one brand), but it depends on the tile. Some tile can be cut with a carbide drill bit, but some porcelain is almost as hard as diamond, and laughs at the carbide!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks