Toto Aquia II vs. Ultramax II

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by KTTexas, Mar 29, 2012.

1. KTTexas

KTTexas New Member

Hi,

I am needing to choose a toilet ASAP for the remodel of our primary bathroom (which is well underway). Our bathroom is from the 1950s, and is therefore "compact" (aka SMALL!). So, space is limited between the end of the toilet and the bathtub. However, an elongated bowl is a priority.

I'm having a hard time choosing between the Aquia II and Ultramax II.
    I've read that the Aquia has an elongated bowl that is not as long as the Ultramax, which would be good space-wise.Can anyone share what the difference in size (elongation) is between the two? Would there be a noticeable difference in comfort?

However, I'm concerned about the flushing capacity of the Aquia from what I've read, so I think I'm leaning toward the Ultramax II. Would there be a noticeable difference in performance?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

They are both elongated bowls, which means they can use any elongated seat.
    We use the SS114 and SS204 on those.

The Ultramax II is 28" long
    The Aquia II is 27-1/4" long.

It's the size of the tank that saves the room, not the seat.
    Performance is similar, the Aquia uses dual flush, the Ultramax is a 1.28 GPF
    Aquia is a washdown bowl, the Ultramax is a siphon jet bowl with a circular rinse over a Sanagloss finished bowl.
    The Aquia is skirted, the Ultramax has the exposed trapway.