Toto Aquia and waterspot

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by pngai, Aug 30, 2010.

1. pngai

pngai New Member

It looks to me like the waterspot is pretty small and it doesn't have a swirling action when you flush.

Does this cause any problems in getting the bowl clean when you flush?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The water spot is small, but the flush and rinse does swirl.
    Since there is more porcelain showing, it may need a brush once in a while.
  3. Firemark

Firemark New Member

I installed 2 of these in my home last year. The small water spot hasn't been much of an issue but to be honest, it depends on the ordinance being dropped. If we're talking about cluster bombs, have your brush handy.

On average once or twice a month requires some brushing. I have noticed this is occurring less frequently so maybe the new surface requires some wear to perform better. I also installed a Drake with Sanagloss in a rental property and noted the tenant reports the same need to do occassional brushing vs the old 5.0 gpf mansfield. You'll find many posts here about the differences in the newer 1.6 or less gpf toilets needing more brushing than the old water hogs.

The bottom line is, these toilets have NEVER CLOGGED which is not something I could say for the old water hogs. I'll gladly trade the plunger for the occassional brushing.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Each time you flush, you must at a minimum, empty the bowl of its polluted contents. To get a dual-flush to work on a liquids only setting, the amount in the bowl just can't be very much, or you'd be using a lot of water. Thus, the water spot is either small, or not very deep. Since it's nice to keep things covered, they generally opt for deeper rather that wider. This is true for any low-flush toilet.