Toto Aquia and waterspot

Users who are viewing this thread

pngai

Reaction score
It looks to me like the waterspot is pretty small and it doesn't have a swirling action when you flush.

Does this cause any problems in getting the bowl clean when you flush?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The water spot is small, but the flush and rinse does swirl.
Since there is more porcelain showing, it may need a brush once in a while.

Firemark

Reaction score
Does this cause any problems in getting the bowl clean when you flush?

I installed 2 of these in my home last year. The small water spot hasn't been much of an issue but to be honest, it depends on the ordinance being dropped. If we're talking about cluster bombs, have your brush handy.

On average once or twice a month requires some brushing. I have noticed this is occurring less frequently so maybe the new surface requires some wear to perform better. I also installed a Drake with CEFIONTECT in a rental property and noted the tenant reports the same need to do occassional brushing vs the old 5.0 gpf mansfield. You'll find many posts here about the differences in the newer 1.6 or less gpf toilets needing more brushing than the old water hogs.

The bottom line is, these toilets have NEVER CLOGGED which is not something I could say for the old water hogs. I'll gladly trade the plunger for the occassional brushing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Each time you flush, you must at a minimum, empty the bowl of its polluted contents. To get a dual-flush to work on a liquids only setting, the amount in the bowl just can't be very much, or you'd be using a lot of water. Thus, the water spot is either small, or not very deep. Since it's nice to keep things covered, they generally opt for deeper rather that wider. This is true for any low-flush toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks