Toto and sweating

Users who are viewing this thread

LRR

Reaction score
I really want to buy a couple of the Toto GMAX toilets for our new house, but I understand that Toto doesn't offer any models that are insulated to prevent sweating. Anyone know why that is? Everyone I've talked to insists that we buy insulated tanks and that installing a foam insulation kit isn't worth the trouble, either in installation or in actual wear. We have well water and live in Maine to boot, so I know we're going to be subject to sweating tanks.

Can anyone recommend another kind that might work equally well but has an insulated tank? One thing that appeals to me about the Toto is the quietness; I place a high premium on that. We had one in our Boston hotel room last month, and it was great. Never thought I'd be impressed by a toilet, but there you go.

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Insulated tanks for the Toto Drake

Toto makes insulated tanks for the Drake model.
The tank for that would be the ST743SD.

I don't know that you need the insulated tank tough.
Since it's a 1.6 gallon toilet, it uses just some of the water in the tank.
Unless you flush it three times real quick, you won't be draining the water out all at once. The water that stays with the tank should become warmer than the water from the tap.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks