toilets, toilets everywhere and don't know what to pick

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by venice1, Jul 2, 2007.

1. venice1

venice1 New Member

I thankfully came across this website, please help.

We're redoing our bathroom and there are more toilets to choose from than thought possible. I agree with everyone else - I want a toilet that cleans when flushes. We have a tiny master bath 5.5' long and 4.5' wide
    (from behind toilet to the side of tub) so elongated can fit but might look too big.

I was considering Kohler Devonshire until I read reviews so now considering Toto Drake or Clayton, though it's a little pricy and our plumber says we're crazy - just get a Kohler Portrait.

I read the Drake doesn't splash. - is the same true of the Clayton? Is there much of a difference between the two function wise?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    [​IMG]
    Toto Clayton

The Toto, no splash at all.
    Just good performance.

The Clayton is a deluxe looking Drake as far as performance.

The Toto Clayton is a much better toilet than the Kohler toilets mentioned.

You might also look at the Soiree or Guinevere, Sanagloss bowl, double cyclone rinse, with traditional style.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. lars

lars New Member

I have an aquia, drake and 2 caryles. All are great. Only had to plunge the caryle after my daughter put a whole roll of paper in it. All are cheaper than kohler in general. Terry has a good section on toilet performance

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007