Toilet to Septic tank issues

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by hygron, Jul 4, 2013.

1. hygron

hygron New Member

Recently we have experienced heavy rains for 2 months or so. The ground is saturated, and I am wondering?

If water is not draining off after rains; Can that affect our toilet flushing due to septic tank being under water.

Toilet is flushing as if there was a clog, but I believe there is "No clog". We have treated the toilet plumbing with a commercial drain opener, but after 2-3 days, and rain, it starts flushing slowly and "weezing", a bit.

Any ideas?
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

If the ground is saturated around the septic system then that is the cause of your problems.

John
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've seen some installations where the septic is located on a higher piece of ground and it's pumped to that location.
    If your ground water has filled the lines where it is, it's going to be slow going. You must have a gravity system.

I need to add that forum you were mentioning too.
  4. hygron

hygron New Member

Thanks. That is what I thought it could be.

Yup. Gravity system with drain field.

Great news about forum. IN fact; I have been checking for it! :D