Toilet to Septic tank issues

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by hygron, Jul 4, 2013.

1. hygron

hygron Member

Grrenhouse proprietor, Hydroponic/Fertigation Syst
    Recently we have experienced heavy rains for 2 months or so. The ground is saturated, and I am wondering?

If water is not draining off after rains; Can that affect our toilet flushing due to septic tank being under water.

Toilet is flushing as if there was a clog, but I believe there is "No clog". We have treated the toilet plumbing with a commercial drain opener, but after 2-3 days, and rain, it starts flushing slowly and "weezing", a bit.

Any ideas?

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Retired
    If the ground is saturated around the septic system then that is the cause of your problems.

John

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I've seen some installations where the septic is located on a higher piece of ground and it's pumped to that location.
    If your ground water has filled the lines where it is, it's going to be slow going. You must have a gravity system.

I need to add that forum you were mentioning too.

5. hygron

hygron Member

Grrenhouse proprietor, Hydroponic/Fertigation Syst
    Thanks. That is what I thought it could be.

Yup. Gravity system with drain field.

Great news about forum. IN fact; I have been checking for it! :D