Toilet supply with built in shutoff

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Peanut9199, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I've had somes calls and wanted to share.

Home Depot and maybe some other places are selling a Watts (Floodsafe) S/S toilet supply that has a built in shutoff that if the toilet leaks it will shut off the water.

The problem is it affects the Toto toilet and will not supply water to the fill valve.
    I'm not sure why but it must sense a loss in pressure and stops.
    So if you get a call with a fill valve not supplying any water check the supply tube.
    http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/whatsnew_floodsafe.asp
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

That problem is well documented and occurs on many fixtures and appliances when Watts Floodsafe supplies are installed.

IMHO they are Junk!
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

4. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Wow i wish i joined this forum sooner.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Floodsafe

FLoodsafes think any high flow is a rupture and shut off. When you turn on the control valves you have to do it gradually or they will activate and then you must turn off the valve and remove the Floodsafe to reset it and then try again.
  6. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

They have washing machine hoses with the same valve. Same problem with false alarms.
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I had a go round with a condo association regarding them requiring the use of floodsafe washing machine hoses...
    They had 100 PSI. water pressure, yet wouldn't have a PRV installed, and they were requiring floodsafe washing machine hoses...

Somehow it just wasn't working...
    Go figure!