Toilet needed that will clear hotwater baseboard heater

Users who are viewing this thread

jeanne z

Reaction score
The work is finally underway to remodel a bathroom. I just purchased a Kohler toilet for a twelve inch rough. To my surprise it would not fit, because the back of the toilet does not clear the baseboard heater behind the toilet. The distance is 9" from the front of the baseboard heater to the bolts.

Does anyone make a highly rated ADA toilet where the base does not go as far as the back of the tank??

There were similar postings from a few years ago, but I didn't see any resolutions.

jeanne z

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. It looks like the Gerber Ultraflush is available only in white?

To complicate things, I'm looking for biscuit color, elongated bowl, and comfort height.

Toto looks like a great choice, but do they make anything that would work for me?

Reminder, the distance from the baseboard heater to the bolt is 9", to the wall is approx 12".

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of an electric heater under a toilet tank. If you could relocate the heater, then a 12" rough-in toilet would work.

jeanne z

Reaction score
The baseboard heat is hot water not electric. I don't think that changing the baseboard heat from behind the toilet will be an option.

Also, in my original request, I noted that an ADA toilet was needed. That may be a mistake. I don't even know what ADA stands for.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Geber can be found in Biscuit.

That, or you may need a 10" bowl.
There are very few bowls that miss a heat register behind now a days.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, the hot water heater would be a real pain to move. I did assume electric. ADA stands for Americans with Disabilities Act and the requirements that pertains to toilets is that the bowl is a couple of inches higher than the toilets we are all used to. These are also referred to as comfort height. This height is approximately the same as a normal table chair. Public restrooms are equipped with them so you might try some of them out then decide if they are right for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks