Superstorm Sandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
We all have to "make concessions" to our customers. Your example guy is an a-hole for sure, though.

Now, most gas stations can't get gasoline because there is a shortage of Ethanol, and gasoline is not allowed to be sold locally here (due to EPA restrictions) without 10% ethanol. It

Bob, AFAIK that corn gas has been lifted (for now).
Now if I had a 1000 Gallon Underground tank, man would I hoarde me some good ole fashion MTBE gas and just *top* it off with Nitrogen...to keep things fresh

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Bob, AFAIK that corn gas has been lifted (for now).
Now if I had a 1000 Gallon Underground tank, man would I hoarde me some good ole fashion MTBE gas and just *top* it off with Nitrogen...to keep things fresh
IO use STABIL to keep my big stash (5 gallons, lol) fresh. It works great for up to 2 years at double dose.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
IO use STABIL to keep my big stash (5 gallons, lol) fresh. It works great for up to 2 years at double dose.

Nice to hear that you made it Bob.

I can not believe that they let the Shuttle get damaged after Houston gave it to them.

Houston was just sending them a little of what they wanted.

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

I hope New York enjoys what we gave them...

After all they did ask for it.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear that you made it Bob.

I can not believe that they let the Shuttle get damaged after Houston gave it to them.

Houston was just sending them a little of what they wanted.

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

I hope New York enjoys what we gave them...

After all they did ask for it.

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/shuttle/home.aspx

There is so much else going on with damage to property and loss of life, I have heard ABSOLUTELY NADA about the Entrepid museum and the Enterprise. I was first able to buy gasoline yesterday from a Mobil station run by furriners from Dunkin Donutville that were charging rip off prices, but I was happy to fill up anyway. I won't even report them for price gouging because they were "within the max price range" in my area. They charged 30 cents a gallon more than the average local price, but, hey, I got my fuel for another week and a half or so. They (the friggin news media) don't be surprised if the gasoline lines are still around for another few weeks.

Odd and even days? yeah right? nobody to enforce them, and with fights breaking out at gas stations for smaller wrongs, its bad.
We New Yorkers aren't open carry, and most criminals carry handguns, legal or not. concealed or not.

Thursday we had a Nor-Easter that brought us freezing temps and left us covered in snow. The Red Cross still needs money to provide food, shelter and clothing for many thousands here. Not many of us have time to think about the museum at pier 86 in NYC.

Thanks for the Enterprise. I'll look at it next Summer, I guess. I paid for it too;)

Still 135 thousand people without power here 12 days after the storm.

I am truly lucky and ever so grateful that me and my family have power.

Cookie

Reaction score
It is those times which show what someone is made of, Bob. Some people will take advantage or hurt anyone. In my eyes, they are wasting their lives, they are missing the point to it.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was just reading this, Bob,
http://news.yahoo.com/sandy-refugees-life-tent-city-feels-prison-162419452.html

Any kind of help would help these people, no matter if it came from the USA or not. Time for people to reach out with help with whatever, they can give.

I donated several hundred dollars to the American Red Cross after the 2004 Indonesia Tsunami, and again for the disater relief after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. Again for this disaster.

It's not much, but every little bit helps, and I hope that there is some reciprocation.

Cookie

Reaction score
I donated several hundred dollars to the American Red Cross after the 2004 Indonesia Tsunami, and again for the disater relief after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. Again for this disaster.

It's not much, but every little bit helps, and I hope that there is some reciprocation.

I think that was alot to give, Bob. I hope others will come through and help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks