Sump drainage pipe broken at foundation.

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Brent Grooms, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Brent Grooms

Brent Grooms New Member

Hiya. New here and a complete plumbing novice but hoped I could get a starting point at least.

The sump pump drains from my basement up to above my foundation and to a pvc pipe that runs underground to the street. It looks like the pipe has settled and broken loose from the PVC coupling. I assume there is an elbow joint a couple inches below the surface. The pump goes on once an hour so I'm not sure that this is a tremendous emergency(I don't notice water pooling near the foundation. Is there a way to just replace the coupling or seal with something without digging down to replace the pipe?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You look to have space above the ground to cut and couple.
    Though if it's ground water, it doesn't need a tight joint there as long as the water from the pump goes into the PVC without slopping over.